Saturday 8 February 2014

week 4 - coffee with.....!

First of all, I must apologise for all of you who have been eagerly awaiting the next installment of the blog!! I haven't given up already on my 50 things, don't worry! It's just the reporting that has slowed down!
For several of my weeks I wanted to meet up and have coffee with a range of people that a)-I hoped to get to know better and b)-I hadn't previously spent any one on one time with. It's something I love to do - connect with people, talk, listen and of course drink coffee, tea and sometimes even eat cake!!
In our frenetic, crowded and often clock-driven lives I think we can easily lose the importance and value of simply sitting still, taking some time out and spending time building relationships.
I came across a you tube video recently where a dying college professor was addressing his students. It was pretty inspirational and sort of expresses some of what I'm saying here about the significant things in life. I agree with the professor - for me it's always about people and not about 'things'.
As this is a landmark year for me I want it to mean something; to take up some new hobby, to overcome some fears, to make a difference and definitely to invest more time in my relationships.
Here's the link to the clip if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmryhioApY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

 I'm not going to detail here whom I had coffee with as that would be potentially embarrassing for them but suffice to say it was a wonderful time which we both enjoyed. Vanilla latte....... Mmmmm!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad I've found it Karen at last. Looking forward to your next post x

    ReplyDelete