Thursday 21 August 2014

Week 24 - New hair


I have to confess to going out of chronological order here, but it made sense. I mean you can't write a blog in another month about your new look hair when nearly everyone's seen it already and it's no longer new, or even noteworthy!
Of course you could argue that it's not that noteworthy anyway, but, it was on my list to do something quite radical with my look and for me, that was definitely a challenge. So it's here and staying.
Some people are always changing their hairstyles and even their colour but that's never been true for me. In fact, I think had my sister not been a hairdresser and a lot more into hair and make-up than me back when we were young, then I would have had considerably less experience of new styles etc. I remember, one time, when I was about 15, shocking my teachers, my friends and most of all myself by getting a sort of plum colour on my hair. I'm sure my sister must have coaxed me into it at a time when she was a trainee and I seem to think I didn't expect it to be such a bold colour. Maybe I'm looking back at my teenage self with filtered perception, perception borne out of years of safe and non-risky behaviour and maybe I was really an eccentric character in those days - mmm -no, I don't think so. Well whatever it was that caused this unabashed flamboyancy, it didn't reappear for another 25 years when at the age of 40 I had highlights for the first time!
So it seems landmark birthdays inspire me to make these changes. I think it's a pity that I need to wait for them in order to be bold, or is it because I'm generally content with how things are? Probably both are true; but to be honest there's another reason behind the new, short hair but sadly it's less to do with significant birthdays and meaningful gestures, and more to do with symptoms synonymous with 'women of a certain age'.!!
Anyway, I'm very happy with the look and thank-you to Sue at 'Scissorz',Colwyn Bay for releasing me of my locks and believing me when I said they had to go! (By the way, hairdressers love to cut off a lot of hair and don't often get much opportunity it seems, so, you know what to do,........ get down there!)
I guess it's watch this space in ten years time ........!!





No comments:

Post a Comment