Wednesday 6 August 2014

Week 20 and 21 More local walks

Many, many apologies for the delay in writing this next blog.
In reality we are in about the 30th week of the year and I'm only writing about week 20 and 21!
I suppose I forgot that sometimes life gets very frenetic and the things you can usually fit in your weekly schedule just simply get overwhelmed and usurped by other pressing necessities.
Also, life's difficulties happen. Sadness, stress, pain- to name a few. Bereavement is another.
You may recall from previous blogs that my father- in- law had terminal cancer and my last blog was partly written in the hospice the weekend that 3 of the men died. Well, the next Saturday, so, too did Keith. You can see why I've been preoccupied.
However, back in May (it seems so very long ago now) I did walk up 2 more local hills and enjoy yet more beautiful views.
The first was bryniau Llandudno, the ridge which separates Llanrhos from the town. I didn't have guided instructions this time and there was only one tricky moment when I got rather scared in a field of cows and thought one was going to chase me and Harvey towards the stile. Happily, it didn't. The following week we walked around Bryn Maelgwn starting from Llanrhos cemetery. This was my first disappointing walk. I imagined I could get to the top and enjoy the view, but there didn't seem to be a path to the summit.
Maybe it was a reminder that the journey  is sometimes more important than the destination!- (sermon in there I think)
Anyway, if you know of a path, please let me know.





2 comments:

  1. We've lived at the foot of a mountain for much of the last six years, and we've still not found the path to the summit. One day ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Local walks are so over-looked. Keep going. x

    ReplyDelete