Wednesday 19 March 2014

Week 8- Roman Baths

Although I'm fortunate to have visited the thermal pools in New Zealand, I'd never experienced any of these natural spa baths in this country! Crazy that isn't it, how you sometimes have to go to the other side of the world before you do something that is possible much closer to home??
Anyway, I put this on my list as soon as my second daughter Megan got a job in Bath.We went to visit at half term and decided to take the plunge! (ha,ha,do you like what I did there?)
The thermal Roman baths were brilliant, really very relaxing and so warm and luxurious. We had 2 hours and could enjoy the basement pool, the steam rooms and the amazing, open-air rooftop pool overlooking the city. It was a beautifully sunny day and one of those occasions when you're simply glad to be alive.
I had a friend who used to be very fond of saying 'we're so lucky' whenever we were having a particularly great day, holiday or experience. Another favourite was, ' we should live while we're alive'. She was right!
I definitely believe in making the most of and appreciating the simple pleasures in life. Although it's a cliché, it's true that none of us know how many of these special days we'll have so it's important to savour them, enjoy them and be thankful.
Therefore,to my amazing friend, Karen, who unexpectedly and shockingly died at the age of 47, yes, I am lucky, and I'll always remember your wise and  inspirational words.

As an after thought,I must say to any of you who are wondering how I get from Roman baths to ' inspirational words' - I've absolutely no idea either, it just seems to happen!!!

Some pictures then!


No comments:

Post a Comment