Monday 26 January 2015

Week 37 - Sunrise

You may be thinking that my 50th year is lasting more than 12 months. Well actually yes it came to an end on the 25th.
I'm nearly there, the challenges are almost all completed, but there are a couple that are on going and will need a little more time.I decided as a final challenge I should follow my son in law's example and fulfill a long held ambition, i.e - write a book!
So, I've actually done 44 of the 50 to date and the other 4 are scheduled, but couldn't happen for various reasons until February.
Do I feel disappointed that I didn't successfully achieve the 50 in a year? Emphatically no! It was always about the challenge of doing different things, about having fun, about writing these blogs -and having a target. I will finish; it'll just be a little delayed. That's alright with me, I'm not so personally competitive that I'm beating myself up! Journeys are as good as destinations in my opinion.
All of which means you get to read my blog for longer, yay!! By the way, thanks to those of you who have made really positive and complimentary comments about the blog -very much appreciated, I love receiving feedback.

Back to week 37 then and early November when I realised you didn't have to get up quite so early in the morning to watch the sunrise. What I wasn't so smart to realise was that going on a cloudy day was never going to be a good idea. For that reason I actually hiked up Bryn Euryn at 7am on 2 separate occasions. Harvey, of course didn't mind at all, as he never refuses more than one walk in a day. From the summit of Bryn Euryn there's a wonderful 360 degrees panorama and on the clear morning it was stunning to see Colwyn Bay waking up to another new day.
There's something very cathartic about witnessing the light dawning effortlessly and night turning to day. No striving, no confusion, no rush- just God's creation doing what it always does. Very reassuring.
The peace and solitude was equally calming. It was a beautiful start to the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment