Thursday 21 May 2015

Week 40 - Put a request in on a radio show

So, here's the challenge that I did back in January to mark the end of my 50th year. (It didn't turn out to be'the very last one')

Curiously, I found this among one of the more difficult things to do off the list. It's non-sensical really as it was merely a matter of writing an e-mail and sending it- perhaps it was connected to feeling vulnerable and being embarrassed or humiliated, (you know, like putting your hand up in class when no-one else is, and there's a horror that the room will go quiet as they listen to you and you utter the most ridiculous and wrong answer, and tumbleweed passes through the room !!.....No? ah, that's just my insecurities then??)

Anyway, once I'd determined to do it and researched how to, of course it was very simple. What wasn't simple was actually being successful and having the request aired! Being a novice at this, and just a teeny bit naive it only occurred to me on the Sunday morning, that obviously 'Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs' would be waaaaay over-subscribed!

So, I guess I'll try again sometime, maybe a local radio station?
The good thing for me, though is that I didn't renege on the challenge and the people for whom I sent the dedication still got to hear the sentiments thanks to email.
The good news for you is that you do too!!..........

As the saying goes,'here's what you could have heard!??'

Hi Steve and the team,

This is an unusual request! But I would love you to dedicate a song to my wonderful family on 25th January, MY birthday, which marks the end of my '50 things in my 50th year'.
I have done various challenges which I've never done before and sending in this email is the very last one and I want it to be all about my family.
So to my fabulous husband, John and children Rachel, Alan, Megan, Luc and Nathan I want you all to know how special and loved you are and to thank you for being in my life and being 'amazing' people.
This is also the day the youngest member of our family, baby Erin, is being dedicated, so it seems fitting to wish her a life full of love too!

Thanks Steve, it'll be wonderful to hear this request on your programme,
With love
Karen Sadler in Colwyn Bay,North Wales


No comments:

Post a Comment